In order to help you with specific questions we have divided our FAQ's part of the site into four distinct sections. For general questions please continue to scroll down this page. For Skip Permits, Amending Orders and Full Terms and Conditions, please click on the relevant link.
If you can't find the answer to your question here please Contact Us.
- What can I fit in my skip? Answer: For information on skips sizes and how much each skips size can hold please visit our skip advice section.
- How long can I keep my skip for before it is collected? Answer: To keep our skip prices as low as possible we operate a standard five day hire service with an additional option to amend your hire for either a longer, or shorter period. Please contact your service provider upon confirmation of your order to enquire about any additional charges for this service.
- Can I hire the skip for a shorter/longer period? Answer: The max hire period is for 5 days, an earlier collection can be arranged with your supplier however the price will remain the same
- What time will the Skip be delivered? Answer: Skips will be delivered between the hours of 7am and 5pm, it maybe possible to arrange for a specific time with service provider at time of paying the balance of your skip.
- Do I need to be at the property when you deliver/collect skip? Answer: Your payment will be taken via a debit/credit card so you will not need to be at the property.
What am I not allowed to put into the skip and why?
In line with government waste directives for the treatment of potentially hazardous waste we are not able to handle the following waste items as they require specialist processing.
- Substances hazardous to health such as toxic or corrosive materials or liquids
- Any liquids of any kind whether contained or not
- Cans, drums or other containers of any kind unless they are empty and crushed: so incapable of carrying any liquid
- Medical waste of animal carcasses of any kind or quantity
- Any other material not listed above, which is considered unsuitable for containment e.g. malodorous waste.
- What is the weight limit of your skips? Answer: There is no weight limit for any container delivered to any Yellowskips.com client, the average weight of a container however is approx. 1.7 tonnes.
- Why is it important that I do not overfill my skip? Answer: Overfilling your skip is against the law and can be extremely dangerous, especially if the skip is placed on a public highway, as contents from your skip may fall or dust may blow onto the highway and cause a serious accident. The laws governing the acceptable use of skips can be found in the Highways Act 1980 - section 139 road traffic regulations act 1984 . If you are worried about your waste fitting in one of our skips why not take a look at our skip guide for more information.
- What are the dimensions of your skips? Answer: This will depend upon the size container ordered. The specific dimensions can be obtained from the service provider upon payment / confirmation of the balance of the payment.
- How can I amend my order, cancel it or extend my hire? Answer: See our special Amending Orders section of this site.
- Why is it important that I specify where my skip will be located and make sure the space is available for delivery and collection? Answer: It is extremely important that you tell us where you need your skip to be located especially if you are not going to be available. It is also important to remember that if your skip is not going to be located on your property you will need a skip permit. To find out more about skip permits visit our Skip Permit section.
- Do you apply for permit on my behalf? Answer: We will apply for the permits on your behalf, please note that application times will differ dependant upon Local Authority and could take between 1 day up to 1 week for approval.
- Do you offer a wait & load service? Answer: Some Yellowskips.com service providers may indeed offer this service. This will need to be discussed with the service provider at the point payment is taken and the booking is confirmed. Additional charges may apply for this service and will need to be dealt with completely separate from Yellowskips.com and directly with the service provider.
- Can you collect same day? Answer: Upon prior arrangement with supplier and is dependant upon schedule.
- Do you supply skips with drop down doors? Answer: Some Yellowskips.com service providers may indeed offer this service. This will need to be discussed with the service provider at the point payment is taken and the booking is confirmed. Additional charges may apply for this service and will need to be dealt with completely separate from Yellowskips.com and directly with the service provider.
- Is there any time restriction for my special promotion code and how do I use it? Answer: We use special promotion codes that have either a limited time usage or are designed as a one off reward for customers that have already taken advantage of our great service. If you have received a customer reward code it will be valid for a single use up to 12 months from its receipt.
- Does yellowskips.com cover me against any public liability issues relating to skip hire? Answer: As a registered skip hire company we are already approved by the Highway Authority to obtain skip hire permits and our Public Liability Insurance cover means that every yellowskips.com customer is protected against any public liability issues relating to your skip hire agreement with yellowskips.com. For full details please see our terms and conditions
What should I do if the cones and lights warning drivers of the position of my yellowskips.com skip are stolen?
As part of our duty of care to customers and drivers alike we provide cones and lights where appropriate to warn of the location of our yellowskips.com skips when placed on the highway.
Although theft is not normally a problem if you spot that the cones and warning lights we have provided have been stolen, please contact our customer service team at email@example.com with the exact location of your skip. We take theft of these items very seriously and appreciate any help you can give us.
Its simple to order, start here: